What is Pharmacogenetics test & Why you need this
PHARMACOGENETICS (PGx) is personalized medicine.
There is a better way than the one-size-fits-all approach http://www.opulentmed.com/
When a prescription is written why is someone given the
same medication and the same dose as everyone else when
each of our DNA is completely different?
PHARMACOGENETICS (PGx) is personalized medicine. There
is a better way than the one-size-fits-all approach.
THE ISSUE WE ARE FACING
– Over 2 MILLION serious Adverse Drug Reactions (ADRs)
– Nursing home patients ADR rate is 350,000 yearly
– 100,000 DEATHS occur inside the hospital each year due
– ADRs cause 1 out of 5 injuries or deaths per year to
– ADRs are the 4th leading cause of death ahead of
pulmonary disease, diabetes, AIDS, and automobile
– ADRs increase exponentially when taking 4 or more
THE SOLUTION WE ARE BRINGING
– With a simple cheek swab physicians can now be armed
with their patients genetic information to provide
personalized care by delivering the right medication at
the right dosage to the right patient.
– PGx testing allows your Doctor to customize a treatment
plan that will enable optimal therapy based on your
DNA, potentially minimizing side effects.
– Because DNA doesn’t change, the results from this test
can help you get personalized care for life.
– Insurance is billed for the test. Most insurance providers
including Medicare cover the cost.
– In addition, PGx testing not only will lower the annual
hospitalizations for adverse drug reactions, but will save
lives, money, and make drug therapy more safe and
LET’S BEGIN TO REDUCE ADVERSE DRUG REACTIONS
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE: